Monday, October 14, 2002

Just got back from mental week on the southern edge of the Sinai Desert in Egypt learning to dive.Incredibly HOT !!!!! Unbelievably so in fact- and this is the cold end of the season. I couldnt even imagine August !!
Very tired at present so more stories and pics soon but suffice to say many many fish- no jellyfish but as I was diving this maybe not a bad thing. Swam with a stingray and pufferfish and saw an octopus hiding under a rock !!!! cool.....

I'm now a qualified diver which is fun and plan more dives soon. Beccy couldnt dive as she had a cold and her ears woudl have xploded but she had a cool time too. We haggled over camels and taxis as is the norm and fed little crabby things popping out of holes while we ate a meal at a beachside restaurant.

I had a video made of my diving by a guy who worked on the Blue Planet and its very cool so hopefully I'll play it to a few of you folks. If poss it would be ncie to stream it from this site but need techie help to do that but maybe.......

Anyway more stories in a day or so... off to rest and then bring Maisie the dragon back home......

No comments: